Jnana Kumara Giri Playgroup, an Underdeveloped School in Br. Dinas Pangleg, Jungutan Village, Bebandem, Karangasem
Visit: November 23, 2019
School Name: Jnana Kumara Giri
Address: Br. Dinas Pangleg, Jungutan Village, Bebandem District, Karangasem Regency
Phone number that can be contacted:
- 0852-3840-0091, Wayan Sudarsana – BCC volunteer in Karangasem
- 0821-4492-9198, Wayan Sudira – Head of Dusun Pangleg
Number of Teachers: 3
- Ni Made Rasmini (0821-4553-7484)
- Ni Ketut Ratis (0857-3891-1338)
- Ni Luh Rianti (0856-3945-5539)
Number of Students: 17
- Voluntary contribution of Rp. 20,000 per month for additional food such as yakult etc.
- Snack money Rp. 2,000 per day
- Number of classrooms: 1, classroom is quite narrow, 1 teacher’s room, they are using banjar hall
- Teaching and learning facilities: there are learning tables and chairs but the conditions are poor (from 2010), some have also been damaged
- Supporting facilities: there are already some children’s toys such as swings and slide
- School building: using Balai Banjar Dinas Pangleg
- Cement floors, brick walls, tile roofs
Jnana Kumara Giri Playgroup does not have a school building of its own, for teaching and learning process they use the Dinas Pangleg’s balai banjar bulding.
Teacher condition: teacher salary: Rp. 600,000 per month per person, teachers are paid by the Karangasem Regency Education Office.
- Stationery; coloring pencils, erasers
- Notebooks, picture books
- Teaching and learning facilities; student desks and chairs, whiteboards, magazines / learning materials for playgroup kids.
- Supporting facilities; indoor games such as blocks, puzzles, etc.
- Funding or basic food assistance for teachers, and uniforms
- School building / place of study
Here are some of the documentation we took: