Komang Andri, a less fortunate family in Dusun Goris, Desa Pejarakan, Gerokgak, Buleleng
Date of Visit: 9 August 2019
Name: Komang Andri (Male/40 years old)
Occupation : brick maker
Address: Dusun Goris, Desa Pejarakan, Kecamatan Gerokgak, Kabupaten Buleleng
Contact Number: 0853-3360-3315 – Made Wiradnya; BCC volunteer in Buleleng Area
Category: poor family
Should you wish to be a regular donor for him, we will make a bank account with him as a beneficiary, therefore you could help him directly.
- Please contact us should you wish to be a regular donor for him.
Komang Andri and his wife have three children ;
- 1stchild: passed away
- 2nd child: Female/Year 1 student
- 3rd child: Male/5 years old
Because of his financial condition, his wife were asking for divorce 6 months ago. Komang Andri now lives with his 2 children. His child goes to school walking, the distance from her school to her house is about 1.5 kms.
Source of income:
- Komang Andri works as a brick maker with wages Rp. 40.000 – 50.000 per day depends on the amount of bricks he could produce within a day. In a months he could work about 20-25 days.
- He has not received the rice for the poor (Raskin) program from the government.
- School tuition is free. However he has to pay for the school uniform and books once a year or whenever needed.
- Child pocket money : Rp. 2.000 per day
- Bedroom: 1
- Bed base: none
- Bed: 1
- Other room: kitchen
- No floor, just soil
- Wall made of bamboo woven. There are parts where there are holes in it and covered with used rice sack.
- Roof made of spandex
- Electricity access
- Water from the well
- Land status: privately owned.
Should you wish to help this family, please kindly consider to donate:
- Groceries or funds to buy the daily needs
- Funds to support child school needs / pocket money
- Child bicycle, kids toys such as ball, dolls, car toys etc
- Stationery and school needs such as bag, shoes and stationery.
- Piglets or calf
- Funds to help building a simple house
Below are some pictures that we took during ours visit.