Kumara Wisesa Pre-School, a Disadvantaged School in Dusun Batusesa, Menanga Village, Rendang, Karangasem
Date of visit: November 28th, 2019
School Name: Kumara Wisesa Pre-School
Address: Dusun Batusesa, Menanga Village, Rendang District, Karangasem Regency
Contact phone number: 0858-5754-2128 – Agus Astawa, BCC volunteer in Rendang – Karangasem
Number of Teachers: 3
- Ni Ketut Nirtawati
- Ni Kadek Ardani S.Pd
- Ni Wayan Mariati
Number of Students: 30; 19 boys, 11 girls
Students fees: voluntary fees Rp. 20,000 per month
- Number of classrooms: no classrooms, the students study in banjar
- Teaching and learning facilities: there are tables and chairs but the conditions are poor
- Supporting facilities: there are quite a number of children’s toys (outdoor) such as swings and slide
- School building: they use Balai Banjar Dinas Batusesa building
- Cement floors, open walls, aluminum roofs
Kumara Wisesa pre-school does not have a school building of its own, for teaching and learning process the school uses the Balai Dinas Batusesa building.
Teacher condition: teacher salary: Rp. 600,000 per month per person, teachers are paid by the Karangasem Regency Education Office.
- Stationery; coloring pencils, crayons, erasers
- Notebooks, picture books
- Teaching and learning facilities; student desks and chairs, blackboards, markers, magazines / learning materials for pre-school children
- Supporting facilities; indoor games such as blocks, puzzles, posters, etc.
- Funding or basic needs assistance for teachers
- School buildings / places for teaching and learning
Here are some of the documentation we took:
Address: Dusun Batusesa, Menanga Village, Rendang District, Karangasem Regency.
Coordinates: 8°24’38.7″S 115°26’19.3″E (View on Google Maps)