Made Kolok, a Disable Elderly in Dusun Batusesa, Desa Menanga, Rendang, Karangasem
Date of Visit: 28 November 2019
Name: I Made Kolok (Male/around 65 years old)
Occupation: unable to work due to old age
Address: Dusun Batusesa, Desa Menanga, Kecamatan Rendang, Kabupaten Karangasem
Niece’s Name: Ni Wayan Tunas (Female/39 years old), her husband has passed away
- 0858-5754-2128 – AgusAstawa, BCC volunteer in Rendang Area – Karangasem
- 0853-3343-8826 – Ni Wayan Tunas, his niece (in-law).
Category: disable elderly living alone
Should you wish to be a donor for him, we will make a bank account with his name as beneficiary. Therefore the donor can help him directly.
- Kindly contact us should you wish to be a regular donor for him.
Update on 11 December 2019; I Made Kolok has received pillow and bed.
I Made Kolok has never been married. He lives alone in his house. His niece (in-law) lives about 250 metres from his house. His name, Kolok, literally means ‘mute’ in Balinese, a disability that he has.
Source of income:
- Made Kolok could not work anymore due to his age. In order to eat daily, he receives help from his niece.
- He has not received rice for the poor program (Raskin) from the government.
House condition: to reach his house, one should walk in a narrow pathway that goes into a farm about 100 metres.
- Bedroom: 1
- Bed base: 1
- Bed: none
- Kitchen and bed in one room
- Floor made from soil and cement
- Wall made of bamboo woven
- Asbestos roof
- Electricity Access
- No water access, usually brought by his niece
- Land status: privately owned
Should you wish to help Made Kolok, please kindly consider to donate :
- Bed and Pillow
- Groceries or funds to buy daily needs.
- Walking Stick
Below are the photos that we have taken.