Nengah Rasmin, a poor and sick elderly in Dusun Pangleg, Jungutan Village, Bebandem, Karangasem
Visit: 24th July 2020
Name: Nengah Rasmin (Female / around 60 years old)
Occupation: Sifting Sand
Address: Dusun Pangleg, Jungutan Village, Bebandem Sub-District, Karangasem Regency
Younger Sibling Name: Komang Bunter (Female / around 50 years old)
Occupation: Sifting Sand
Contactable Phone Numbers: 0852-3840-0091, I Wayan Sudarsana – BCC Volunteer in the Karangasem Region
Category: Sick and Poor Elderly
If you would like to be a permanent donor for the above mentioned, we will register a bank account on behalf of the above mentioned so that you will be able to provide aid directly.
Bank Account: None currently
- Please contact us if you are interested in becoming a permanent donor for the aforementioned.
Nengah Rasmin and her sister live with each other, they never married, Nengah Rasmin suffers from asthma, her illness often occur during cold weather, to ease her illness, she routinely takes asthma medication. When we were visiting, her sister was not home.
Source of Income:
- Nengah Rasmin and her sister work as sand sifters, turning rough sand into soft sand, with an average income of Rp. 50.000 per week.
- They also have several chickens that they sell when they don’t have any rice.
Living Condition: Concerning, the house is uninhabitable especially during rain because the roof has mostly collapsed, during rain they sleep in the kitchen.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Bed frames: 1 (broken)
- Beds: none
- Other rooms: Kitchen
- Floors made of cement
- Walls made from bricks
- Roof made from iron sheeting (mostly collapsed)
- Electricity: None
- Water: None, they have to ask for water from the neighbors
- Land Ownership Status: Self-Owned
Your aid to this family may be in the form of:
- Beds and Pillows
- Basic Food or Financial Aid for the purchasing of daily necessities
- Financial aid to renovate their home (Roof and ceiling)
- Financial aid for medication
- Installing Electricity and Water
- Oil/battery powered lamps, flashlights, radio, batteries (due to the lack of electricity)
If you have previously provided aid to the concerned, please fill in the comment form below, write down the type of aid you’ve provided and the latest update on the condition of the concerned. The information will be very beneficial for the donors who intend to visit/provide aid to the concerned.
Below are some pictures we took.
Address: Dusun Pangleg, Jungutan Village, Bebandem Sub-District, Karangasem Regency.
Coordinates: 8°24’33.0″S 115°32’27.6″E (View on Google Maps)