Nyoman Rani, an Elderly in Dusun Tihingan Kauh, Bebandem Village, Karangasem
Date of visit: November 23rd, 2019
Name: Nyoman Rani (F / 60 years old)
Occupation: making crafts from rattan
Address: Dusun Tihingan Kauh, Bebandem Village, Bebandem District, Karangasem Regency
Contact telephone number:
- 0852-3840-0091, Wayan Sudarsana – BCC volunteer in the Karangasem
- 0821-4753-2932, Wayan Puri – Head of Dusun Tihingan
Category: elderly who lives alone
If you want to become a permanent donor for Nyoman Rani, we will create a bank account in her name so that you can help her directly.
- Please contact us if you want to be a permanent donor for this person.
Update on December 11th, 2019; Nyoman Rani received mattress and pillow assistance.
Nyoman Rani lives alone in her house, her husband already pass away, they had no children.
Source of income:
- Nyoman Rani makes crafts from rattan for sale, in 2 weeks she able to make handicraft for Rp. 80,000, deducting the cost of buying materials around Rp. 30,000, so her net income is around Rp. 50,000 per 2 weeks.
- She has not received rice-for-the-poor assistance (Raskin) from the government.
House conditions: to reach her house, we have to walk / ride a motorcycle from the highway about 300 meters in the middle of a moor.
- Number of bedrooms: 1
- Number of divan: 1
- Number of mattresses: 1 (already thin)
- The kitchen is in her bed room
- Cement floor
- Wall: brick
- Asbestos roof
- Electricity exist
- There is no water, she gets water in a public bathing place which is about 1.5 km from her house
- Land status: own property
Your assistance to Nyoman Rani can be in the form of:
- Mattresses and pillows
- Groceries or financial assistance to buy daily necessities
- Chickens to raise
Here are some photos we took.