The Legong Peduli Kasih, Gianyar, Bali
Time of visit: 20 November 2015
Addres: Br. Samu, Singapadu Kaler Village, Sukawati District, Regency Gianyar
Chairman: Putu Deasy Krisna Dewi Asmady
Bank Account: Bank BCA, No.: 7725171161, a/n.: Putu Deasy Krisna Dewi Asmady
Total Children (2015): 52 children
The Legong Peduli Kasih is a community that helps Cerebral Palsy children for free therapy; a condition of disturbance in the brain function and the neural networks that controlling movement, pace of learning, hearing, vision, and thinking ability.
The Legong Peduli Kasih was founded in 2014, is now nurturing 52 kids whom from Gianyar. Those kids are living with their parents/families and only show up on therapy scheduled time.
The given therapy are as follow:
- Hydrotherapy; therapy with water medium method that is very helpful for all cerebral palsy kids, make them more relieved with water and can be easier to do hand and leg movement as there is no gravity. Hydrotherapy is held at Soka Tirtha Swimming Pool, Sibang, twice a week.
- Occupational Therapy (OT) that trains cerebral palsy children to participate in daily life activities that is useful to them.
- Others: sand therapy and land therapy
Financial source: the current financial support is only from Putu Deasy Krisna Dewi Asmady. The parents are free of charged.
The support we need is in form of:
- Financial support for therapy and operational cost
- Financial support for swimming pool establishment (land is already prepared) in order to relocate the activities at Soka Tirtha swimming pool at Sibang.
- Special help for cerebral palsy children: proten milk, brown rice, diapers, baby oil, vitamin, bread for snacks/baby biscuit
- Children toys: walker, swing, etc
Below are some documentations we took:
Video documentation we took on November 20, 2015.