Visiting Several Poor Villagers in Karangasem Regency
On the 17th May 2016, we visited several poor families in several villages in Karangasem regency. The visit was also attended by one of BCC contributors; Mr. Didik Gunawan and Mrs. Santi Gunawan.
First we visited Sengkidu Village, Manggis Sub-District, Karangasem. We were accompanied by 2 officers from the village office, namely;
- I Nengah Artana, Sengkidu Village secretary, 082340898945, office: (0363) 42100
- I Made Ari Junantara, Officer of Sengkidu Village, 085792515724
The poor families that were visited in Sengkidu village were:
- Ni Luh Suartini (F/60 yo); poor grandmother who is mute/ she is mute since she was born, she lives alone in the middle of a moor, her husband has passed away, she is very lucky for having a child who live near her house. Her child takes care of her every day.
- Ni Ketut Lendri (F/50 yo); poor villager that lives with her daughter (F/Junior High School Students), her husband has passed away, when came to visit her, she was working, so she was not at home.
- I Nyoman Darsana and his wife Ni Ketut Cening; couple of old poor grandparents, their only daughter has married and live in Denpasar. Nyoman Darsana’s condition is sick and could not wake up from his bed, they are so lucky for having a house reconstruction donation from the local village officer.
Then, we visited several other poor villagers in Abang Sub-District, Karangasem, namely;
- Made Gunung; poor family who has a child who suffers from cerebral palsy. They live near one of the tourism object; Tirta Gangga, Karangasem.
- Ni Wayan Pejet (F/80 yo); lonely poor old woman in Br. Bau Kaler, Nawa Kerti Village, Abang, Karangasem.
- Ni Wayan Cipir (F/60 yo); poor old woman in Br. Kesimpar Kawan, Kesimpar Village, Abang, Karangasem.
On that occasion, we also handed cash donation from our contributor, Mrs. Santi Gunawan for 5 poor families @IDR 200.000 to; Ni Luh Suartini, Ni Ketut Cening (I Nyoman Darsana’s wife ), Made Gunung, Ni Wayan Pejet, and Ni Wayan Cipir.
Here are the documentations that we could take during the visit.
Here are the documentations of cash donation delivery.
Below please find a video which we took on 17 Mei 2016.