Wayan Alit, a Homeless Who Sleeps at a Temple Every Day in Bebandem Village, Karangasem
Date of Visit: 23 November 2019
Name: Wayan Alit (Male/around 40 years old)
Occupation: unable to work due to sickness
Address: Dusun Tiying Seka, Bebandem Village, Karangasem Regency
- 0852-3840-0091, Wayan Sudarsana –BCC volunteer Karangasem area
- 0831-1479-1384, Komang Raga – Klian Dadia Wates Kaja, Bebandem Village
Category: homeless and sick
Should you wish to be a regular donor for him, we will make a bank account for him, therefore you could help him directly.
- Kindly contact us should you wish to be a regular donor.
Wayan Alit has never been married, he has a health issue and been sick for a long time. He was hospitalized once for four years at Sanglah Hospital due to many causes. He did not know the exact term for his illness, he only remember the doctor refer his illness to “incurable and there is no medication for it” syndrom. Until know, his illness will occur if he is tired. He will be coughing until omitting blood.
Wayan Alit has 4 brothers and 2 sisters. Most of his siblings are married. Based on an information from the people around — his sibling’s financial situation is not great either. The only house that was left by his parents is now used by one of his sibling and his family. Wayan Alit does not have a place to live. Therefore by the permission of the locals, he is allowed to sleep/mekemit at Pura Wates.
Source of income: He could not work because if he is tired, his illness will come back. In order to eat, he gets help from locals around.
Should you wish to help Wayan Alit please kindly donate:
- Funds in order to buy the daily needs
- Funds to help build a simple house. Warga Dadia (locals) has agreed to provide a land for him if there is a donor that would help to build a house for him.
- Bed, pillow and houseware if he get a house in the future
Below are the photos that we took.