Wayan Ngetis, an Underpriviliged Eldery Man Who Fell from a Coconut Tree in Dusun Abian Tiying Kelod, Jungutan, Bebandem, Karangasem
Date of visit: May 16th, 2019
Name: Wayan Ngetis (M / 70s y.o)
Occupation: coconut tree climber -> fell from a coconut tree -> his condition now is paralyzed / can only lie down
Address: Dusun Abian Tiying Kelod, Jungutan Village, Bebandem District, Karangasem Regency
Wife’s name: Nengah Murti (F / 60s y.o)
Occupation: worker of a salak farm/plantation, caring her sick husband
Telephone number that can be contacted: 0852-3840-0091, I Wayan Sudarsana – BCC Volunteer in Karangasem region
Category: poor and sick elderly
Bank Account: Bank BRI, no.: 4608-01-015448-53-0, Beneficiary: Ni Nengah Murti (His wife)
- Ni Wayan Desi, 100.000 Rupiah per month starting June 2019
- Ombeline Becker, 225.000 Rupiah per month starting August 2019
- A.A.Istri Mirah Wirawati, 100.000 Rupiah per month starting November 2019
- We respectfully request that you consider assisting other needy families to ensure that the support provided is more evenly distributed.
Wayan Ngetis lives with his wife, they have 1 married daughter – still lives in the same village. Wayan Ngetis fell from a coconut tree about 9 months ago, he did not get the right treatment, his got broken arm, nerves clamped, paralyzed, he could not even sit, he could only lie in bed. Their only child is often comes to visit and brings food to him.
Source of income:
- Wayan Ngetis used to work as a coconut tree climber, since he fell from a coconut tree 9 months ago – he has been unable to work anymore.
- His wife; Nengah Murti works as a worker in a Salak plantation.
- For food and daily necessities, they are assisted by their daughter, garden owners and neighbors.
The condition of the house: quite poor, the hut was rickety, the condition of the hut was sloping, leaked everywhere. To reach his house you have to walk about 300 meters along the moor.
- Number of bedroom: 1
- Number of cot: 1
- Number of mattress: 1 long mattress – very thin
- Other rooms: kitchen
- Ground floor
- Woven bamboo walls, covered with used banners
- The roof of zinc, has holes everywhere
- Electricity is not available
- There is no water, get water from the springs not far from his house
- Land status: borrowed
Your help for this family can be in the form of:
- Mattresses and pillows
- Basic food or financial assistance to buy daily necessities
- Funds to make a simple house
- Assistance in medical expenses / get Wayan Ngetis to the hospital
- Flashlight, lamp, radio and battery (no electricity)
Here are some of the documentation we took.
Address: Dusun Abian Tiying Kelod, Jungutan Village, Bebandem District, Karangasem Regency.
Coordinates: 8°25’55.9″S 115°31’23.2″E (View on Google Maps)