Wayan Wardani, an orphan whose mother left her behind in Tiying Seka, Bebandem Village, Karangasem Regency
Visit date : 24 th July 2020
Name : Wayan Wardani (F/11 years old/ 5 th grade of elementary school)
Address : Tiyang Seka, Bebandem Village, Bebandem District, Karangasem Regency
(Older) Cousin’s Name : Wayan Karsana (M/43 years old) and his wife Komang Sari (F/37 years old)
His Occupation (cousin): as a mason (to make “sanggah”, or Balinese shrines, made from a certain rock or known as “batu cadas” in Indonesian
Phone number that can be contacted :
- 0852-3840-0091, I Wayan Sudarsana – BCC Volunteer for Karangasem area
- 0823-3633-3912, Wayan Karsana – her older cousin
Category : Orphans
Bank Account: Bank BPD Bali, No.: 022 02.02.50496-9, Beneficiary: Ni Wayan Wardani
- Balipockets Christine Erdel covers the costs for her school supplies, starting September 2020
- Please contact us if you’d like to be their permanent donor
Wayan Wardani’s father had passed away, and her mother went back home to her parent’s place. She now lives with her older cousin, along with his wife and 2 children.
Source of income:
- Her older cousin, Wayan Karsana, works as a mason. He makes Balinese family shrines/temples (“sanggah”) that are made from a certain natural rock (“batu cadas”). He gets Rp 100.000 per day. Within 1 month, he can work 6-10 times.
- The wife of her older cousin makes “canang” for a living while taking care of their children at home. Canang is a small palm-leaf basket as the tray for daily Balinese offerings. She earns about RP 10.000 in 2 days.
- They also raise a few chickens.
Daily living fee:
- Wayan Wardani’s school tuition is free. She needs to pay for uniform and books once a year when necessary.
- Her lunch box is Rp 3.000 per day.
Housing Condition :
- Bedroom : 2
- Bed : 2
- Other room: kitchen
- Cemeted floor
- Walls are made from bricks
- Metal sheet roofing
- Electricity is available
- Water is not available, they have to take water from the river about 1 km away from their house
- Land status : as soil cultivator
Your aid for this family can be in the following forms:
- Food or fund to buy daily living needs
- Child fund or lunch box fund
- Children’s school equipment, such as bag, shoes, books and stationery.
If you have given assistance to them before, please fill in the following form below. Please write down what you have given them, as well as their latest update. This information will be very helpful for other donors who want to visit / help them.
Here are a few photos that we took.
Address : Tiyang Seka, Bebandem Village, Bebandem District, Karangasem Regency.
Coordinates: 8°25’05.6″S 115°32’36.3″E (View on Google Maps)