Wayan Lapur, Poor Elderly in Wongaya Gede Village, Penebel, Tabanan
The visit: 12 April 2017
Name: I Wayan Lapur (L/70 yo)
Address: Br. Bengkel, Wongaya Gede Village, Penebel, Tabanan Regency
Son’s name: I Wayan Sujarka (L/44 yo)
Occupation: Palm sugar maker, farmer
Contact phone number:
- 0857-9283-6920, I Made Supariana; The head of Dusun Bengkel
- 0822-4746-3663, Ni Made Ayu Suastuti; BCC volunteer in Tabanan
- 0812-3866-6165, I Wayan Mediastra; Babinkamtibmas Wongaya Gede Village
- 0852-5308-1728, I Gede Putu Suparta Wijaya; Babinsa Wongaya Gede Village
Category: poor elderly, poor family
If you want to be a regular sponsor for Wayan Lapur we will make a bank account for him, so you can make a direct transfer donation to him.
- Please contact us if you want to be a regular sponsor for Wayan Lapur.
Update on 12 April 2017; Wayan Lapur has received mattress and pillow aids.
I Wayan Lapur lives with his son I Wayan Sujarka (L/44 yo/ not married yet), Wayan Lapur’s wife has passed away.
Source of income:
- I Wayan Lapur works as rainfed farmer, only one planting season in a year, he only gets income when there is harvest.
- His son I Wayan Sujarka is a palm sugar maker, he also works as farmer like his father.
- He gets rice-for-the-poor aid from the government, 15 kg/month by paying Rp. 24.000.
House condition: the access to his house is by foot, going up and down steep and slippery hill for about 1 km, quite dangerous in rainy season.
- Bed rooms: 2
- Beds: 2
- Mattress: 1 (thin mattress)
- Other room: kitchen
- Floor of soil
- Walls of clay
- Roofs of tile
- No electricity
- Water: yes (from spring)
- Land status: owned
The donation that you can give to this family:
- Mattress and pillow
- Basic foods or cash donation to buy the necessities of daily living
- Cash donation to build a simple house
- Aids in the form of oil lamp, battery, flash light, etc ( there is no electricity)
Here is some photo that we took: