A Visit to the Village of Desa Sangkan Gunung, Sidemen, Karangasem
On 11 December 2015, we visited 12 poor families and individuals in Banjar Dinas Sanggem, Desa Sangkan Gunung, Kecamatan Sidemen, Kabupaten Karangasem.
The poor families and individuals are as follows:
- Ni Wayan Punduh (female / in her 70s); a poor elderly woman who has suffered a stroke
- Ni Ketut Rata; a poor elderly woman living alone
- Dadong Konten (female / in her 60s); an elderly woman with an intellectually disabled child
- I Nengah Nadi (male / 50s); a poor family
- I Wayan Geden (male / 50s); a poor family
- I Nyoman Suwirta (male / 50s); a poor family
- I Wayan Karsa (male / about 55); a poor man living alone
- I Nengah Sudiarta (male / 42); a poor family
- I Wayan Wali (male / 50s); a poor man with a psychiatric illness, living alone
- I Komang Gede (male / 30); a poor family
- I Nengah Tunas; a poor elderly resident
- Ni Wayan Tantri (female / 60s); a poor woman living alone
At the above meeting, we took the opportunity to hand over financial support from the following donors:
- 250,000 Rupiah from Aviya Bali to each of: Ni Wayan Punduh, Dadong Konten, I Nengah Nadi, I Wayan Karsa, and I Wayan Wali.
- 250,000 Rupiah from AngelMartz Uluwatu to each of: I Nengah Sudiarta and I Komang Gede.
- 250,000 Rupiah from Ibu Dewi Karmawan to Ni Wayan Tantri.
Please find below some additional information.
Video documentation we took on December 11, 2015.