Housing Assistance for Wayan Selamat and family in Banjar Penarukan, Desa Peninjoan, Tembuku, Bangli
On Saturday 2nd July, together with donors from PT. Bali Eka Jaya (Eka Jaya Bali Wisata), we handed over the ownership of a recently completed house to I Wayan Selamat and family; a poor family in Banjar Penarukan, Desa Peninjoan, Kecamatan Tembuku, Kabupaten Bangli.
Those who attended the handover were as follows:
- The donor; PT. Bali Eka Jaya, was represented by Bapak Ketut Sugita, along with others from the company.
- The beneficiary; Bapak I Wayan Selamat and family.
- An official from Banjar Penarukan; Bapak Nyoman Moleh (081337219618)
- The Team from BCC; Fedy Romamti, Terence Rolfe, I Dewa Gede Yusub Teja
The specifications of the house provided are as follows:
- Floor: ceramic tiles
- Walls: plaster on cement blocks with the inside walls and the verandah walls painted
- Ceiling: plasterboard
- Roof: asbestos cement sheeting
- Bedrooms: 2 each measuring 2.5 m x 2.5 m
- Bathroom: 1 measuring 1.5 m x 1.5 m
- Verandah: 1 metre wide
- Total area of the building: 19.75 m2
The timeline for the implementation of this building project was as follows:
- 13 May 2016; the donor undertook a survey / fact finding trip to visit several poor residents who were to receive housing assistance from the owner, management and staff of PT. Bali Eka Jaya.
- 23 May 2016; the first stone was laid and a Ngeruak ceremony was performed to mark the start of the building of the house.
- 2 July 2016; the building of the house was complete and the house handed over to the new owners.
- The original house was not demolished but will be used as a kitchen.
- The donor also provided a package of basic necessities (rice, instant noodles, cooking oil, sugar, coffee, salt), bath and laundry soaps, some clothing as well as a mattress and pillows.
- The donor for electrical wiring in the house: Bapak Komang Wiprama
- The donor for the supply of electricity to the house: Bapak I Putu Gede Putra Adyana
Please find below some supporting documentation.
Below please find a video which we took on 2 July 2016.