Housing Renovation Program for Nyoman Merah and family in Banjar Undisan Kelod, Desa Undisan, Tembuku, Bangli
On Saturday 2nd July, together with donors from PT. Bali Eka Jaya (Eka Jaya Bali Wisata), we handed back the ownership of a recently renovated house to I Nyoman Merah and family; a poor family in Banjar Undisan Kelod, Desa Undisan, Kecamatan Tembuku, Kabupaten Bangli.
Those who attended the handover were as follows:
- The donor; PT. Bali Eka Jaya, was represented by Bapak Ketut Sugita, along with others from the company.
- The beneficiary; Bapak I Nyoman Merah and family (children, daughter-in-law and grandchildren)
- The Team from BCC; Fedy Romamti, Terence Rolfe, I Dewa Gede Yusub Teja
The renovations (of one bedroom) were as follows:
- A door was added; previously there was no door
- A window was put in; previously there was no window
- A ceiling was installed; previously there was no ceiling
- The walls were made higher
The timeline for the implementation of this house renovation project was:
- 13 May 2016; the donor undertook a survey / fact finding trip to visit several poor residents who were to receive housing assistance from the owner, management and staff of PT. Bali Eka Jaya.
- 2 July 2016; the renovations were complete and the renovated house was handed back to the owners. The donor also provided a package of basic necessities (rice, instant noodles, cooking oil, sugar, coffee, salt), bath and laundry soaps, as well as a mattress and pillows.
Please find below some supporting documentation.
The House Before Renovations
The House During and After Renovations