Kadek Suarsana, an Underprivileged Family in Dusun Pejarakan, Pejarakan Village, Gerokgak, Buleleng
Date of visit: 8 October 2020
Name: Kadek Suarsana (M / 27 years old)
Occupation: farmer, odd jobs worker
Address: Dusun Pejarakan, Pejarakan Village, Gerokgak District, Buleleng Regency
Wife’s Name: Luh Pita Lilik Kumala Dewi (Female / 26 years old)
- 0823-4065-7952, Kadek Suarsana
- 0853-3360-3315 – Made Wiradnya; BCC Volunteer for the Buleleng area
Category: underprivileged family
Bank Account: Bank BRI No.: 4754-01-009540-53-7 Beneficiary: Kadek Suarsana
- Balipockets Conny Domsch covers the costs for school supplies, starting December 2020
- I Gusti Ngurah Agung Suryanegara, 100.000 Rupiah per month starting November 2021
- Please contact us if you wish to become a regular donor for him.
Kadek Suarsana and his wife have 2 children:
- First Child: F / 7 years old/ grade 2 elementary school
- Second child: M / 2 years old / not yet in school
The location of the first child’s school is quite close to their house, the child goes to school on foot.
Source of income:
- Kadek Suarsana works as a rainfed-farm farmer, he works on the government land. In a year harvest time only once – during the rainy season, during the dry season he cannot grow crops, no plants can grow. There is income if there is a harvest once a year, last year the harvest failed, “even the capital to buy seeds did not return,” he said. He has not ever enjoyed a harvest yet because he just learned farming for a year – and last year the harvest failed.
- If there is a job opportunity, he also works odd jobs; chilli picking worker, transport worker, etc., with a wage of Rp. 90,000 per day, but since the Covid-19 Pandemic, it has been 2 months since he didn’t get any job.
- His wife works as a housewife looking after the children at home.
- To get additional income they raise 3 cows and 2 pigs belonging to their neighbors.
- He has not received rice for the poor (Raskin) from the government.
Cost of living:
- Free school tuition for the first child. Pay clothing and book fees once a year or if necessary.
- Pocket money for the first child: Rp. 2,000/day. However, “if I don’t have money, I can’t give my child pocket money” he said.
- Number of bedrooms: 1
- Number of cots / beds: 1
- Number of mattresses: 1
- Another room: kitchen
- The ground as the floor
- Walls of woven bamboo
- Asbestos roof
- There is electricity, get it from a neighbor’s house
- There is water, ask from a neighbor’s house
- Land status: owned by grandfather
Your assistance to this family can be in the form of:
- Groceries or funds to buy daily necessities
- Funding assistance for children’s school fees / pocket money
- Bicycle assistance or children’s toys
- Children’s school supplies; bags, shoes, books and stationery
- Cow / pig livestock assistance
- Funds for building a simple house
If you have ever provided assistance to this person, please fill out the comment form below, write down the assistance you have provided and update on his latest condition. This information will be very useful
for donors who wish to visit / provide assistance to him.
Here are some photos we took.
Address: Dusun Pejarakan, Pejarakan Village, Gerokgak District, Buleleng Regency.
Coordinates: 8°09’21.8″S 114°34’43.3″E (View on Google Maps)