Komang Hendrawan, family living in poverty in Keladian Village, Pempatan, Rendang, Karangasem
Visit date : 13th February 2020
Name : Komang Hendrawan (Male / 34 years)
Occupation : Cleaning staff in Besakih Temple
Address : Keladian Village, Pempatan Sub-District, Rendang District, Karangasem Regency
Wife’s name : Komang Renita (Female / 28 years)
Occupation : Housewife, unskilled laborer
Telephone number that can be contacted : 0858-5754-2128 – Agus Astawa, BCC Volunteer for Rendang District – Karangasem
Category : Family living in poverty
If you want to become a regular donor for the above mentioned person, we will set up a bank account under his name, so you can help him directly.
- Please contact us if you would like to become a regular donor for him.
Komang Hendrawan and his wife has 3 children, with one of them has unfortunately passed away already.
- First child : Deceased, was born prematurely
- Second child : A boy who is in 1st grade of elementary school
- Third child : A girl who is 2.5 years old
The location of the second child’s school is about 3 km from his house, and he goes to school on foot. Sometimes, he can get a ride to school / home.
Income source :
- Komang Hendrawan works as a cleaning staff in the Besakih Temple with salary of Rp 50.000 per day.
- His wife is a housewife who takes care of the children at home. If there’s an unskilled labor job available, she transports concrete bricks manually for a salary of Rp 20.000-45.000 per day.
- To get additional income they also nurture 2 cows.
- They get 10kg of rice assistance for the poor (Raskin) from the government each month.
- School fee is free. They need to pay for the uniform and books once a year if necessary.
- Kid’s lunch money : Rp 5.000 per day.
- Number of bedroom : 1
- Number of bed : 1
- Number of mattress: 1
- Other room : kitchen
- Soil flooring.
- Wall is woven bamboo, and the holes are covered by used sacks.
- The roof is made from asbestos.
- Electricity is available.
- Water is not available, so they need to buy from the small shop (warung) for Rp 1.000 per bucket.
- Land status : lease.
Your aid to this family can be in the form of :
- Basic food or money to buy daily living needs
- Funding for kid’s school / lunch expenses.
- Kid’s bike, kid’s toys like cars, dolls, ball, etc.
- Kid’s school supplies such as bag, shoes, books and stationery.
- Livestock assistance
- Funding for the building of a simple house.
The following are a few photos that we took:
Address: Keladian, Pempatan, Rendang, Karangasem
Coordinates: 8°22’19.7″S 115°25’26.6″E (View on Google Maps)