Made Pasek, a Man Who Lives Alone and Works as a Waste Picker in Dusun Tengah, Sibetan Village, Bebandem, Karangasem
Date of visit: November 23rd, 2019
Name: Made Pasek (M / 53 years old)
Occupation: Waste Picker
Address: Dusun Tengah, Sibetan Village, Bebandem District, Karangasem Regency
Contact telephone number:
- 0852-3840-0091, Wayan Sudarsana – BCC volunteer in Karangasem
- 0812-3873-0308, Wayan Taram Harsana – Head of Dusun Tengah
Category: elderly, lives alone
If you want to become a permanent donor for him, we will create a bank account in his name so that you can help him directly.
- Please contact us if you want to be a permanent donor for this person.
Update on December 11th, 2019; Made Pasek received mattress and pillow assistance.
Made Pasek lives alone, he is not married. Made Pasek has 1 brother, but he doesn’t have a place to live so he has to live in a makeshift bed in other people’s land. His left eye is deformed (can’t see) from birth.
Source of income:
- Made Pasek works as a waste picker around the village, in 3 weeks he could sell junk goods for Rp. 200,000, no other income.
- He has not received rice-for-the-poor assistance (Raskin) from the government.
Condition of the house: quite poor, it’s more like a makeshift, it is located on land owned by local residents.
- Number of bedrooms: 1
- Number of divan: 1
- Number of mattresses: he doesn’t have a bed, he is using a used car seat as bed
- Floor is the ground
- Wall: used sacks
- Roof: used billboard
- There is no electricity
- There is no water, he gets water in the river not far from his house
- Land status: not owned
Your assistance to Made Pasek can be in the form of:
- Mattresses and pillows
- Groceries or financial assistance to buy daily necessities
- Financial assistance for making a simple house if someone gives land to build a house
Here are some photos we took.