Nengah Kantun, a Poor Family in Br. Adat Sirang, Macang Village, Bebandem, Karangasem
Date of visit: July 24, 2020
Name: Nengah Kantun (M / 32 years old)
Occupation: coconut tree climber, odd job worker
Address: Br. Adat Sirang, Macang Village, Bebandem District, Karangasem Regency
Wife Name: Made Asih (F / 25 years old)
Contact number: 0852-3840-0091, I Wayan Sudarsana – BCC Volunteer in Karangasem
Category: underprivileged family
If you want to become a permanent donor for Nengah Kantun, we will create a bank account in his name so that you can help him directly.
Bank Account: not yet available
- Please contact us if you want to be a permanent donor for this family.
Nengah Kantun and his wife have 4 children:
- 1 st child: F / 8 years old / first grade elementary school
- 2 nd child: F / 6.5 years / kindergarten
- 3 rd child: M / 4 years
- 4 th child: has passed away
The location of the 1 st child’s school is about 1 km from home, she goes to school on foot.
Source of income:
- Nengah Kantun works as a coconut tree climber/ odd job worker with a wage of Rp. 60,000 per day, in one month he can work as much as 6 times.
- If there is harvest in the dry fields, about once every 3 months, he gets a harvest of around Rp. 300,000.
- His wife is a housewife, taking care of her 3 children at home.
- They raise several chickens.
Cost of living:
- School fee of the 1 st child is free. Pay clothing and book fee once a year or if necessary.
- 2 nd child school fee is Rp. 20,000 per month.
- 1 st child pocket money: Rp. 3,000, 2 nd child : 5,000 per day
House condition: the location of the house is in the middle of a moor, the house is almost collapsed, fortunately the landlord provides a loan of money to buy concrete poles and a wooden roof frame to make a new house because the current house condition is quite poor.
- Number of bedrooms: 1
- Number of beds: 2
- Number of mattresses: none
- Other rooms: kitchen
- The ground as floor
- Walls made of bamboo
- Roofs of zinc and asbestos
- Electricity is available
- Water is not available, he is looking for water in the river which is about 400 meters from his house
- Land status: not owned
Your assistance to this family can be in the form of:
- Mattresses and pillows 2 sets
- Basic food or financial assistance to buy daily necessities
- Funding assistance for children’s school fees / supplies
- Assistance with bicycles or children’s toys
- School supplies for children; bags, shoes, books and stationery
If you have ever provided assistance to this person, please fill in the comment form below, write down the help you have provided and update the latest conditions. This information will be very useful for donors who want to visit / provide assistance to this person.
Here are some photos we took.
Address: Br. Adat Sirang, Macang Village, Bebandem District, Karangasem Regency.
Coordinates: 8°26’45.2″S 115°33’12.7″E (View on Google Maps)