New House Assistance for I Ketut Merta, a poor family in Br. Besakih Kawan, Besakih Village, Rendang, Karangasem
On 28 May 2020 we handed over a simple house to I Ketut Merta; a poor family in Br. Besakih Kawan, Besakih Village, Rendang District, Karangasem Regency.
The specifications of the said house are as follow:
- 2 Bedrooms, each measures 2.5 m x 2.5 m
- A terrace, measures 1 m x 5 m
- Building size (total) 17.50 m2
- Flooring : ceramic
- Inner walls / bedroom : plastered brick wall and painted over
- Outer walls / terrace : plastered brick wall and painted over
- Outer walls / the sides of the house: plastered brick wall, not painted
- Outer walls / the back of the house : brick wall, not plastered
- Ceiling : kalsiboard
- Roof : tiles
The donor for this new house assistance are: Campbeltown Rotary Club dan Bali Family Projects Ltd.
The following is a series of processes for the implementation of the house assistance program:
- 2 August 2018; BCC team conducted a survey to Ketut Merta’s house
- 5-9 May 2020;
1) Coordinated with the beneficiary and his family to determine the building location as well as to find a good day to start the building.
2) Coordinated with the BCC volunteer in Rendang Karangasem area; Agus Astawa (0858- 5754-2128) to help supervise and ensure the building process is in accordance with the specification and available budget.
3) Coordinated with the designated builder to discuss the house specification and budget.
- 13 May 2020; the building process was started
- 28 May 2020; the house was finished built and handed over to the beneficiary
Below are some documentation during the building process.
Address: Br. Besakih Kawan, Besakih Village, Rendang District, Karangasem Regency.
Coordinates: 8°21’44.3″S 115°26’43.5″E (View on Google Maps)