Housing Assistance for Ni Wayan Pejet, an elderly woman living alone in the Village of Nawa Kerti, Abang, Karangasem
On 3 June 2016, the Melaspas ceremony was performed at a house which had just been completed so that it could be occupied as quickly as possible by the recipient of the housing assistance / the owner of the house, Ni Wayan Pejet, an elderly woman living alone in Banjar Bau Kaler, Desa Nawa Kerti, Kecamatan Abang, Kabupaten Karangasem.
The specifications of the house are as follows:
- 1 bedroom measuring 2.45 metres x 5 metres
- Total area of the house: 12.25 square metres
- Floor: concrete
- Walls: cement blocks, not plastered
- Roof: galvanized iron
Total cost of the building: 7 million Rupiah
The Head of the Village of Bau Kaler, I Wayan Punduh, asked the family and residents of the village to work together to transport the building materials from the main road to the building site; a distance of 150 – 200 metres. He requested help from local builders and also asked the local building supply store to assist by giving a “good price” bearing in mind that Ni Wayan Pejet was a very needy resident.
Below is a list of the names of donors for this building project:
- Eka Nusantoro
- Eny Rahayu
- Janne Apandi
- Ali Tanuri (Adi THT)
- Susan Lioe
- Akiong Santo
- Evy Harjono
The following is a timeline for this project:
- 17 May 2016; BCC undertook a survey at the house of Ni Wayan Pejet, in coordination with the head of the village. The village head subsequently worked with the owner of the land to get a permit for the house to be built.
- 26 May 2016; BCC handed over 7 million Rupiah (receipt attached) to I Wayan Punduh, the Head of the Village of Bau Kaler (08563825220/081936540820), as payment for the house for Ni Wayan Pejet.
- 28 May 2016; a Ngeruak ceremony was performed and the construction of the house began.
- 3 June 2016; the house was finished and handed over to its new owner.
- The old house was not demolished but is being used as a kitchen.
- BCC has provided 1 divan / bed. A mattress had previously been provided by a donor.
Some photographs that were taken on 10 June 2016