Wayan Aldi, an Orphan in Dusun Putung, Duda Timur Village, Selat, Karangasem
Date of visit: May 16th, 2019
Name: I Wayan Aldi Peranata (M / 6 years old)
Address: Dusun Putung, Duda Timur Village, Selat District, Karangasem Regency
Grandma’s name: Ni Nengah Wardi (F / about 55 years old)
Occupation: porter in market
Telephone number that can be contacted: 0852-3840-0091, I Wayan Sudarsana – BCC Volunteer in Karangasem region
Bank Account: Bank BPD Bali, account number: 025 02.07.00417-0, Beneficiary: I Wayan Aldi Peranata
- Ni Wayan Desi, Rp. 100,000 every month, starting June 2019
- Tibor, Rp. 100,000 every month, starting June 2019
- Balipockets Sandra Melcher covers the costs for his school supplies, pocket money etc. starting March 2020
- We respectfully request that you consider assisting other needy families to ensure that the support provided is more evenly distributed.
Update on November 23rd, 2019; Wayan Aldi received bicycle assistance.
Update on March 2nd, 2020; Wayan Aldi received water flow installation assistance.
Wayan Aldi lives with his grandparents, his father has died and his mother has remarried. His school location is quite close to his house, Aldi goes to school on foot.
Source of income:
- Aldi’s grantparents work as porters in the market. The market is open every 3 days, every “market day” they work as porter from 2am to 7am, with an average income of Rp. 15,000 per day per person. During non “market day” they are not working.
- They get assistance of rice-for-the-poor (Raskin) from the government as much as 10 kg per 3 months / uncertain.
Cost of living:
- School fees: Rp. 15,000 per month
- School pocket money: Rp. 2,000 per day
House condition: quite decent
- Number of bedrooms: 2; 1 room is used as bedroom for all three of them, the other room is empty / not used
- Number of cots / beds: 1
- Number of mattresses: 2
- Other rooms: kitchen, bathroom
- Cement floor
- Wall of brick
- Roof of tile
- Electricity exist
- There is no water, get water from a river quite far from the house
- Land status: owned
Your assistance to Aldi’s family can be in the form of:
- Basic food or financial assistance to buy daily necessities
- Funding for Aldi’s school fees
- Bicycles or children’s toys
- Children’s school equipment; bags, shoes, books and stationery
- Water connection assistance
Here are some of the documentation we took:
Address: Dusun Putung, Duda Timur Village, Selat District, Karangasem Regency.
Coordinates: 8°27’05.4″S 115°30’39.0″E (View on Google Maps)