Wayan Sarwa, a poor elderly in Banjar Kastala, Bebadem Village, Karangasem
Visit date : 24 th July 2020
Name : Wayan Sarwa (M/around 70 years old)
Occupation : hunting and selling firewood
Address : Kastala, Bebandem Village, Bebandem District, Karangasem Regency
Niece’s Name : Nengah Mertiani (F/32 years old)
Occupation : making handcrafts
Phone numbers that can be contacted :
- 0852-3840-0091, I Wayan Sudarsana – BCC Volunteer for Karangasem area
- 0852-5387-1546, Nengah Mertiani – his niece
Category : Poor elderly
If you’d like to become a permanent donor for the above mentioned names, we will create a bank account under his name, so you can help them directly as a permanent donor.
Bank Account : not yet available
- Please contact us if you’d like to be their permanent donor
Wayan Sarwa has never been married. He lives on his own at his house that is still in the same compound as his extended family, including his niece, in-laws, and grandkids. He has always lived independently; never wanted to ask any help from his family.
Source of income:
- Wayan Sarwa looks for firewood in a hilly moor as his occupation. He collects them and later sell them for Rp 10.000 per bundle. He would usually sell them 2x per week for Rp 20.000 each day. So in a week, he can make around Rp 40.000. Before he can sell them, they need to be dried first by “smoking” them; put on top of a furnace in his kitchen that’s in one room with his bed. So the furnace has to be lit on frequently so the firewood can get dry quickly. More often than not, he would turn the furnace on, even when he’s not cooking. When we were there even for a short time, we had difficulties to breath in his room because it was completely filled with smoke. All equipment inside the room has turned black because of the smoking process.
- He receives 15 kg rice for poor family from the government every month.
Housing Condition :
- Bedroom : 1
- Bed : 1
- Mattress : not available
- Kitchen is in one room with the bed
- Dirt floor
- Walls are made from bricks
- Asbestos roof
- Electricity is available
- Water is available
- Other room : kitchen
- Land status : Self-owned
Your aid for him can be in the following forms:
- Mattress and pillow
- Food or fund to buy daily living needs
If you have given assistance to him before, please fill in the following form below. Please write down what you have given them, as well as their latest update. This information will be very helpful for other donors who want to visit / help them.
Here are a few photos that we took.
Address : Kastala, Bebandem Village, Bebandem District, Karangasem Regency.
Coordinates: 8°26’59.2″S 115°33’51.3″E (View on Google Maps)