New House Assistance for I Wayan Alit, a Homeless Man Who Sleeps at a Temple in Bebandem Village, Karangasem
On May 13th, 2020 we handed over a simple house to I Wayan Alit; a homeless man who sleep at a temple every day in Dusun Tiying Seka, Bebandem Village, Bebandem District, Karangasem Regency.
The house specifications are as follows:
- 1 Bedroom with a size of 2.5 m x 3 m
- Terrace with a size of 1.2 m x 3 m
- Total building size: 11.10 m2
- Room floor: cement smooth rebate
- Terrace floor: ceramic
- Bedroom wall: brick plastered and painted
- Outer wall of the front: concrete plaster and painted
- Outer walls of side and back: brick, not plastered
- Ceiling: kalsiboard
- Roof: tile
Donors for the house assistance program are: Campbelltown Rotary Club and Bali Family Projects Ltd.
The following is a series of processes for the implementation of the house assistance program:
- November 23rd, 2019; the BCC team conducted a survey to I Wayan Alit location.
- May 5th – 8th, 2020;
1) Coordinated with I Wayan Alit and his family, to determine the location of the house and find a good day to start the process of building the house.
2) Coordinated with BCC Volunteer in Karangasem; Bp. Wayan Sudarsana (0852- 3840-0091) to help supervise the project so that the construction of the house will be in accordance with the specifications and costs that have been determined.
3) Coordinated with the designated builder to explain the house specifications and the cost of building the house.
- May 9th, 2020; start the process of building a house
- May 13th, 2020; the house was completed and handed over to I Wayan Alit.
The following documentation is when building the house.
Address: Dusun Tiying Seka, Bebandem Village, Bebandem District, Karangasem Regency.
Coordinates: 8°24’43.7″S 115°32’33.6″E (View on Google Maps)