Nengah Tengklung, an underprivileged elderly at Dusun Liligundi, Bebandem Village, Karangasem
Date of visit: 23 November 2019
Name: Nengah Tengklung (Female/around 60 years old)
Occupation: making ceremony instrument, such as tamas, segehan etc.
Address: Dusun Liligundi, Bebandem Village, Karangasem Regency
- 0852-3840-0091, Wayan Sudarsana –BCC volunteer at Karangasem
- 0812-3846-5577, Ketut Putu Suardika – Kepala Dusun Liligundi
Category: poor elderly
Should you wish to be a regular donor for her, we will make a bank account with her as a beneficiary, therefore you could help her directly.
- Kindly contact us should you wish to be a regular donor for her.
Nengah Tengklung has never married, she lives alone in her house. Next to where she lives, her niece/nephew lives with her/his family.
Source of income:
- Nengah Tengklung works making ceremony instrument such as tamas, segehan etc at her neighbor house. She said she was given Rp. 2.000 per day.
- She has not received the rice for the poor program from the government.
Her house condition: her house was falling down a couple days ago as it is already old. When we came to visit her, her house was being fixed (rebuilt) by her nephew. In order to access her house, we need to walk/drive 200 metres from the main road towards a plantation.
- Bedroom: 1
- Bed base: 1 bamboo bed base, in a very bad condition
- Bed: none
- Other room: kitchen
- Floor made of soil
- Wall: has not fixed yet, still in progress
- Asbestos roof
- No electricity
- No water access, she needs to get water from the river which is about 1,5 hour return journey
- Land status: privately owned
Should you wish to help Nengah Tengklung, please kindly donate:
- Bed and pillow
- Groceries or funds to buy some daily needs
- Chicks to raise
- Funds to help her build a simple house
- Kerosene lamp/ battery fuelled lamp, torch, radio, battery (since there is no electricity)
Below are the photo that we have taken.