Visiting some less fortunate citizens at Klungkung and Gianyar
On 4 November 2016, we visited some less fortunate citizens at several villages in the Klungkung Regency and Gianyar Regency.
First we visited I Gusti Made Suda; a poor elder people who works as a bearer at a traditional market at Br. Menak, Tulikup Village, Gianyar Regency. We extended a cash donation in the amount of Rp. 728,000 from one of BCC’s donors, i.e. Ms. Lynda Pearson. The following are the pictures.
After that, we visited Nini Desak Nyoman Sayang; a poor elderly people who lives alone by herself in Banjar Gria, Nyalian Village, Banjarangkan District, Klungkung Regency.
Her current conditions are:
- She has water supply
- There is a donor who has facilitated the installation of the electricity and paid for the electricity for her
- There is a donor who has donated used TV and radio
- There was a donor who has helped to construct a bathroom for her, the zinc and door for the bathroom have arrived, and the construction is still ongoing.
At that opportunity, we extended the donation from Mrs. Nila Sukandar, as follows:
- Cash donation in the amount of Rp. 1 million
- A stick to help her to walk
- Flashlight along with the stock battery
- Bed linen and pillow case
- House renovation, which includes the door replacement, window replacement, repair of footrest in front of the entrance room, and closing of certain holes in the roofs. At that time we also took with us a builder to do a measurement and to follow up the renovation project.
The following are few pictures from our visit to Desak Nyoman Sayang’s house.
After that we visited the house of Jero Mangku Yasa; a poor elder people in Dusun Tengah, Tegak Village, Klungkung, to follow up the proposed house renovation for her. However, it turns out that her house has been repaired/renovated. The following are some pictures.
After that we visited the house of Ni Nengah Masna; a poor elder people who lives by herself in Br. Suka Duka Maruti (in Banjar Sangging), Akah Village, Klungkung District, Klungkung Regency. We extended cash donation in the amount of Rp. 250,000 from Ibu Indri. Below is the picture.
After that, we visited Niang Korta; a poor elder people who works as a scavenger in Br. Bendul, Semarapura Tengah Sub-District, Klungkung, to extend food package and cash donation in the amount of Rp. 300,000 from Aviya Villa, Jimbaran. At the same location, still within one yard, we also extended food package to the step sister of Niang, i.e. Sang Ayu Putu Suri. Below are the pictures.
At that opportunity, we also extended sarong donations to the all above citizens from Mrs. Santi Gunawan.
Lastly, we did a survey to a scavenger village in TPA Suwung, Pesanggaran, South Denpasar, but we did not get the citizen data that we need.
Video of Jero Mangku Yasa’s house which has been repaired